Fort Myers Regional Library Genealogy Department Shelf List
The Genealogy Department Shelf List at the Fort Myers Regional Library located at 2450 First Street, Fort Myers, Florida, is presented as a service to library patrons and to distant researchers. These pages provide a full listing of genealogy resources available for your use at the Fort Myers Regional Library.
The collection currently contains over 11,000 individual items of genealogical reference, and is currently being updated.
Our basic Genealogy Shelf List categories include:
- General Reference (001 through 899),
- Geography (901.9 through 917.8),
- Family Histories (929.2),
- General Genealogy Reference (920 through 929.9, excluding 929.2 Family Histories),
- United States and World History (940 through 999),
- Individual State Reference Books, and
- International Reference Books.
We have further categorized our collection, which includes the above books as well as periodical articles that have been preserved. Step-by-step instructions showing you how to use our search feature can be found in our Public Downloads area and by clicking here.
At times you will see "n.c.d." used in a book description. This abbreviation stands for "no copyright date."
- Using the Search Function for the Genealogy Collection at the downtown Fort Myers Regional Library can be found by clicking here.
- Printing from your personal laptop when visiting any of the branches of the Lee County Public Library System can be found by clicking here.
Don't forget to check out the library's separate listing for their Electronic Resources for your genealogy research.
Questions regarding the Genealogy Collection can be referred to Bryan Mulcahy, M.L.S., Reference Librarian at the Fort Myers Regional Library. Contact Bryan by email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone: 239-533-4626.
This shelf list is for personal use only.
Reproduction of this list for commercial use is strictly prohibited.