Southwest Florida Library Network (SWFLN)
Helping libraries provide better, faster service.
The Southwest Florida Library Network (SWFLN) is one of the five regional groups of multi-type libraries (MLCs) in the State of Florida. SWFLIN is a non-profit 501(c)3 multi-type library cooperative. SWFLN serves the counties of Charlotte, Collier, DeSoto, Hendry, Lee, and Monroe.
What are Multi-type Library Cooperatives (MLCs)?
- MLCs deliver access to knowledge and information resources throughout Florida libraries.
- MLCs provide cost effective library staff training, top quality professional development and continuing education along with an international sharing system of resources.
- MLCs monitor current library developments in service and evolving technologies for all libraries.
- MLCs share materials through Inter Library loan so Florida citizens have access to whatever information they need.
How can I take advantage of SWFLIN opportunities?
- If you are a library patron in good standing with your participating library, stop by the Information Desk and ask for a SWFLIN sticker, which will be affixed to your library card. The sticker is dated so you will need to do this each year.
- When you visit one of the libraries listed below, you will be eligible to receive a library-borrowing card for that library.
A SWFLN reciprocal borrowing sticker on your library card gives you borrowing privileges at these participating SWFLN libraries: